Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ikea Hack: Kid's Latt Table

As we continue to work on the nursery, we are also making some changes in the girls' room.  It all started with the change-a-roo from crib/toddler bed to a big girl bed for both girls...picture me balling over here!!  Along with changing out their beds, we have been bringing in things that they love like daily tea parties and the colors purple and pink!  I am not sure when or where their love of these colors came from, but they have totally embraced these colors as their FAVORITES!!!

So to give them a place to have their daily tea parties...and I mean daily, I purchased an inexpensive table from Ikea.  However, I couldn't just leave it there I decided to add a little paint that we already had on hand.

{ via }

Before I started I put blue painters tape around the white edge of the table and chairs and then got to work.  For the table and chairs I used Valspar Wet Pavement, which is what we used in the girls' bathroom.  To apply the paint, I used a sponge brush, which took three light coats.  

Once it all dried, I measured five inches up on each chair leg and taped it off.  Then I used some sample paint I purchased at Sherwin Williams for some planned future projects in the girls' room on the chair legs.  



Then for the debut to the girls, I brought it up to their room and placed their new little tea set, also purchased from Ikea. 



I am totally loving the new addition to their room and love catching them sharing sweet sister moments at their little table.


Stay tuned for more updates to the girls room and to the nursery of course!!!

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.